Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Before The Night Is Through…

True Blood. My new obsession. Deftly working my way through Season Two at the moment and I just can’t get enough of it. Witty, gory, exciting, romantic, dirty and starring the yummy Alexander Skarsgård – love it. I especially love the minor characters in it – Andy the drunken cop, Hoyt the sweet mummy’s boy, Jessica the wild child, and Terry the sweet but shaken veteran to name but a few. The real star, however, is Tara – who plays Sookie’s wise-cracking best friend. She has all the killer lines, but is also a sympathetic character to boot. In Season One, I was obsessed with the romance between Sookie and Bill but now I find them a little boring – luckily all the other characters make up for this. Sookie’s brother Jason and vampire Eric are especially brilliant. Jason has especially come into his own in the second season, showing more sides to his character, but still managing to be consistently hilarious. Eric also has some brilliant lines, and the building tension between him and Sookie is intriguing. Swoon.

Best opening credits and song I’ve come across in a long time too…


No comments:

Post a Comment