Friday, May 14, 2010

I’m Turning Myself Into A Demon…

One of my favourite memories from last year’s Electric Picnic is of watching First Aid Kit’s set in the Body & Soul area. It was a wet Sunday morning, and most people had stayed in their tents. I wondered if I too should stay in my tent and miss their set, but I decided to take my chances. Luckily, the rain eased off to a light mist and a small crowd had formed in front of the small, wooden and intimate stage at the bottom of a hollow in the Body & Soul area. It was the perfect setting – somehow I feel First Aid Kit would be out of place in a modern setting, they should always be outside, amongst the trees and the elements. First Aid Kit are a sisters-duo from Sweden, and they have two of the most distinctive and beautiful voices I’ve ever heard. There was a lovely sense of hush and anticipation as they played, and I think everyone there felt they’d seen something very special by the end of their set.

A highlight of the set was their spell-binding cover of Fleet Foxes’ ‘Tiger Mountain Peasant Song’…


No comments:

Post a Comment